Monday 28 May 2012

The Robot In Me

I just found out I'm not as emotional or sentimental about certain things..... and the more I think about it, the more I wonder what to do about it.....

On the trip to fort portal I had a really long conversation with my eldest sister and the more I thought about it, the more I realised and confirmed that I can be quite robotic at times..... here are some of the reasons or things that made me think so in the ensuing days.....
  1. In this post I talked about having so much to do in one day.... this was the genesis of my conversation with my sister.... I realised that I was doing things in order of how they needed to be done or the order in which they came into the picture. I was not prioritising based on how important each activity was but doing things in a particular order..... Like a robot that has been programmed in a certain way......
  2. In fort portal, I had a lot of organising and coordinating to do..... things had to get done.... right? So I'm doing things in a way that makes the most sense to me in my head and a slight alteration or someone (read my crazy ass brother) trying to get it done his way just messes me up completely and frustrates me.... Like a computer given a demand a certain way unlike its programming and showing an ERROR!
  3. At work.... I just keep going.... on and on and on..... If it needs to be done it needs to be done.... and if I dont do it, who will..... And then just like a car that has overheated.... I stop!
  4. I cry at weddings but cant get myself to attend funerals of people I am/was not very close to .... and I mean really close... coz I just dont know what to feel say or do.... It makes me feel really strange and uncomfortable ........Like windows 2010 in an incompartible machine.
  5. And many many times, things just have to make sense a certain way....... Like really, everybody knows 2 + 2 = 4...... and no one can convince me otherwise...... Like an adding machine.....
What makes all this quite scary is that I'm female.... would have made some sence if I was a guy.... ;-)

so..... my question..... WHAT DO I DO? IS IT AS BAD AS I THINK IT IS?

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Eleanor!
    I think your case is u have a Thinking preference ...in your personality type ...such people have a natural bend toward Objective thinking than Subjective thinking ...check out this link it might shed some more light on the matter..http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... thanks... will check out the link... might even blog about it... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. El, your journey to self improvement will sort you out, just take it a day at a time gal

    ReplyDelete