Wednesday 23 May 2012

More Than I Can Chew

I had one really crazy day on Thursday..... too many things to do, too little time.... and too many things happening to frustrate me....


If you are following my blog you know I had an accident.... if you are not, find the story here.

That was Wednesday....

So, on Thursday, To do list as of in the morning,
  • Get my car a.k.a Mr Bean fixed
  • Wind up office work in anticipation of up country travel the following day
  • Finalise preparations for upcountry travel.....
  • Type and attend meeting where I am Secretary
  • Go home early to shop and make a meal for my sister's bridal shower
  • Attend and enjoy my sister's bridal shower....
How my day actually went.....
  • I forgot my phone at home...
  • the mechanic couldnt take the car that day and asked to take it the following day
  • My office work was subbotaged by other members of the team so I could not finish my part.
  • Too many things were happening at once and I did not get to do much .... at least not as planned...
  • Literally forgot the meeting and was reminded by a collegue who was wondering what I was still doing in office yet I'd mentioned having a meeting.... so the minutes never got done and it was too late to put in my apologies even if I could.
  • The chair of the meeting came late and I could not leave being Secretay by the time I was in the supermarket trying to get the food, the shower had started and they were serving
  • I got home and felt so terrible and really mad at myself I hid in my room for a while
  • I finally got the courage and common sense to come out and felt like an A** the whole time
  • I did not enjoy my sister's shower and almost prevented others from doing so.
  • It was not a very good day....
  • My sisters were mad at me..... like really mad and did not talk to me for a long time... some still arent talking to me.
  • I dont know what to do to make it all better...
  • I realised...... I HAD BITTEN MORE THAN I COULD CHEW!!!!
  • Plus, I had tried to chew everything and failed....
  • And the little that I attempted to chew was not as important!
My question for the post..... Is it possible to know that it is more than you can chew before you bite or do you always have to bite first to realise you have bitten more than you can chew?

4 comments:

  1. I'm assuming that your question is talking about having more to do than you can handle , right ?

    If I am right , with respect to the post, maybe you should take that day as an example to learn from. Plan your following days with less, i.e. what you will actually be able to chew. My dad often says , 'If you have a list of 100 things to do; first, organise them in order of PRIORITY and then, do the first 10 things. Once you have done the first ten things.....the rest will fall in line.'

    You can't do everything, sometimes you need to sacrifice certain things to get the most important things done.

    On the other hand, your list of things to do this day seemed pretty achievable. So, maybe you just need to re-evaluate the day .

    My personal take on the day , getting off your question, is that you were just having a bad day . It may have less to do with biting off more than you can chew. However, I pray you will be able to figure something out .

    Sorry love, I pray things have gotten better already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You assumed right....

    That is my point... the list did seem very achieveable... They always do till it comes to get them done and then the drama begins....

    Which brings us back to the main question, is it possible to know before you chew or can you only discover after you have bitten then realise you cant chew.... hehehe... Its a real dilema.

    not really but i'm hanging in there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyabo eh there are surely all those days- but did you commit your plans to the Lord? you know how it says commit all your plans to the Lord and you will succeed. In that moment when you realised ho this hasn't gone according to plan- like when the first thing couldn't be achieved, did you first pause and speak to God- you know how He has our back always. There is just a peace that comes with that.

    So I think amidst some of these situations we need to practically live our lives with Him. oba do you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You raise an excellent point... sometimes I get so busy in the hustle and bustle of this world that I forget to check with the Lord and that is when things go crazy....

      so, my question at this point, how do you not forget in the midst of all the crazyness, how do you keep pace with everything? How do you find that peace when everything around you is anything but!?

      I get.... so, how do we do it without forgetting?

      Delete