Friday 25 May 2012

Its Not Easy to be WRONG

Have you ever been so sure of something only to discover you are wrong...... and then there is that akward pause.....

I was having lunch with collegues recently and a certain word came up that apparently existed in all the various native languages of the various tribes represented at the table. What was amazing though is that in each language it had a different meaning.

After everybody shares what the word means in their language save for a few that were of the same native tribe as myself, we laugh at all the various meanings... especially at the meaning in our language which we are yet to reveal and I of course take the honours of letting everybody know.... I was so sure and confident and one of my collegues kept guessing wrong and I laughed.... anyway eventually, he gives up guessing and cutting me short and I confidently reveal what I was so sure was the right interpretation.... Gosh, how wrong I was... one of my other native mates corrected me so instantly.... I felt so small and dumb...

Anyway, now I know the true meaning of pride comes before a fall....

Better to be silent and be though of as a fool than to speak and prove yourself a fool....

Anyway, I could go on and on with the sayings that came to my mind and it would still not describe the way I felt that day in that instant. Plus I love to know things and I hate to be wrong....

Any body out there who hates being wrong as much as me? Why do I hate it so much? Its not like I can be right all the time but it drives me crazy when I'm wrong....especially when I dont see it coming.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,i often experience such especially when i least expect it...but self discovery, self improvement, the willingness to be corrected and to learn can help one become better...

    ReplyDelete