Wednesday 16 May 2012

Fighting Self Justification - Part 1

I am 25 and still staying at home......

I am female and it is traditional african culture that a good girl stays with her parents till she is married.

Now, this is slowly changing and is not very common these days especially in urban areas due to various reasons that i will not go into but i'm sure many of us can imagine....

I, however, still stick in some ways to the traditional ways for some of the reasons below....
  • I like the discipline it commands......though granted sometimes it drives me crazy
  • It was not practical to find a place of my own since I studied away from home and was home once in a while.....sometimes for longer periods than I hoped...
  • I can be traditional and conservative when it comes to certain things..... and quite the contrary when it comes to others... lol...
  • Its a decision I can change any time but its not quite easy to change the reverse...... hehehe... kinda like loosing your virginity.... you can do it whenever you decide but you cant undo it once its done....
  • I like the respect it commands.....and the admiration and support from not only my suitors but the elders that will always approve
  • Plus, I save on rent and other costs that come with having a place of your own...which truthfully, right now I'm not ready to pay
  • and so many other reasons I cant think to write now.... hehehe...gotta leave room for deniability... right? ;-)
So, having said that... Its been quite a challenge... all things considered...

Now, back to the point.... a question I would like you all to help me answer...

Where do you draw the line between being a child at home......which you really still are.....and being an adult......which you also are?

4 comments:

  1. Tough one .
    Unfortunately I honestly have no answers and if I tried to formulate answers, I'd be lying .

    ReplyDelete
  2. always a child, sorry you are still a child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... its not that easy though.... there is a thin line between being a child and acting like one.... when do you cross the line from being taken care of side to the taking care of side

      Delete