Friday 12 April 2013

Word=Bond

Matthew 5:33-37

New International Version (NIV)

Oaths

33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.[a]

Footnotes:

  1. Matthew 5:37 Or from evil
I love this!!!! It is hard to live by, but I love it all the same. Life and this world would e so much better if everybody tried to live by this. 
So..... contrary to popular belief..... Oaths(or promises) are really NOT mean to be broken!!! When and if you make an Oath(or promise) you better be prepared to honour it! DO NOT MAKE OATHS (OR PROMISES) YOU CAN NOT KEEP. 

Of course with us being human and all..... that is so not possible..... we just are not wired that way.... 

So..... Do NOT make an oath (or promise) in the first place!!!! And do not swear it on anything...... because we do not have the power or authority to do that! 

Just be frank.... say it as it is... say it as you mean it!!! LET YOUR YES BE YES AND YOUR NO, NO!!!! Be a man/woman of your word!!!!

Lord, help me think about everything I say and make sure I mean it before I say it! Teach me to be a woman of my word that people might see you in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment