Friday 5 April 2013

Fishing Men

Matthew 4:19 (New International Version)

  19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

The ultimate calling... the purpose we are all christians on this earth... seems basic but when you come down to it, it really isnt as easy as it seems.... not for me anyway!!!

Come.....
Leave whatever you are doing and just come, no reason, no justification, no debate, no determining whether you feel like it of not.... nothing about you or how you feel or if you want to.... Just Come!!! How do I do this?

Follow Christ.....
You don't have to know where he is going, how long he will be there for or the grand 10 year plan of how it all works out. You don't need a full job description or contract. Sometimes it might not even make sense to you at all.... All he is asking is that you follow.... sounds  easy....Why can't I????

Fishing....
Just thinking about it... all the hard work.... the uncertainty of results.... the stillness and complete surrender... I don't know if I can fish to save my life!!!

Men...
If catching fish isn't hard enough try fishing men!!! I don't even know where to start with this one.

I don't know what it is about my life right now but I'm not in a happy place, I feel I have lost sight of my purpose in life and have no motivation to get anything done anymore...getting out of bed is a struggle and doing what I should be doing is unaccomplished. Sad thing is, I know all the reasons I should be doing what I have to but it doesn't make me want to do it or even do it. Despite the fact that it is more than reason enough o. My mind no longer drives my heart or my will or my body. I'm lost in a pit I don't know how to get out of. Help!  

Needless to say, I am aware that fishing men has absolutely nothing to do with saving me or me getting my act together and I am aware that it is not about me at all... just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment