Monday 4 June 2012

Alone Time

I have moments when I actually just want, sometimes, even need to be alone.... not lonely but alone.... or maybe with a particular person(s)

Its been that way for as long as I can remember....

I have always been surrounded by people... I come from a really big family(ies) and they like to stick together and enjoy each others company... I always had lots of friends and many more acquintances...... I have gone to public schools where community living is unavoidable..... and at both my workplaces.... yes both.... (refer to this post).... I have a very close family like evironment... everybody knows everybody and everybody is in everybody's business....

But I have moments when I like to be alone... Some me time or maybe me and somebody me chooses time... time to just determine my day and enjoy my own company... be whoever and whatever I want to be with no thoughts of impressions and judgements... to just go to my own little world and disappear and spend time with me... like going on a gateaway... but that would have to be with me and somebody me chooses....

I'm I selfish and anti-social...I'm I such a terrible person?

6 comments:

  1. I won't answer the questions you asked. But I will say this : you are too harsh on yourself and care too much about public opinion or the opinion of those around.

    I would know, because I am like that too .

    Being too concerned about the outside makes us want to retreat into the inside where we can just be for a while without the ''wahala'' of the outside.

    so i would say, get everybody else out of your head, so that in your head, you can always be alone, and hence won't feel the need to retreat to a physical getaway. You will have a getaway in your mind already.


    p.s. wahala = confusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you know there are times it is impossible to get everybody out of your head... which is why sometimes you just need to be alone!!!!

      Or else you just end up zoning out when you are around people....

      Delete
  2. The main indicator of Introversion is the NEED for private time..deprivation of this time alone can lead to fatigue bad moods..the quality of your work and health will drop....the guilt and shame come with introversion and are just somethings you must learn to ignore.Keep your thoughts positive.Its for the best for you and the people in your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what... you're amazing! Whether alone, in a small group, or in a big group of people, you're amazing and people like to be around you. So there's nothing wrong with whatever company you choose to have today. Just be you. Cause we love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how to make me smile and cry at the same time.... you always have.... love you more... :)

      Delete