Thursday 7 June 2012

Academic Papers

How do you go about saying you are a graduate if you have no written documentation to prove it?




I graduated in december 2010 and the Vice chancellor said I was awarded a degree in his speech... called out my name with 40 other students, we stood up, the crowd clapped and that was it..... They say we were awarded degrees? Is that how a degree is awarded...

I studied really hard and by God's grace attained a 1st class Degree... not a simple task in my course at my university because the last 1st class before me (only one) was years before my time... Now, this did kinda give me a big head and made me really proud a fact of which I am not very proud... It changed me and my perception of myself in ways I never thought possible.. both positive... coz my self esteem needed the boost and so did my ambition and faith in my self  and negative.... the pride and big head aside.... I would dubt myself and feel like and idiot if i was asked a question and didnt know the answer... plus, sometimes I dont feel as smart as people percieve me to be... there is this constant need to continue and constantly prove myself... convince myself that I earned it and everything that comes with it...

2 years later, the university still hasnt issued transcripts! so I have no documentation of my degree... in some instances, I am no different than a non graduate. I'm blessed to work at a company where the MD attended my graduation so he knows I graduated and I also work at a university that was able to confirm my results informally.

Sadly, such is not the case with University of Reading where I have always dreamed of doing my masters....
I was declined last year because I had hope that my papers would be processed on time... this year I have pushed and prayed... got my application for last year forwarded to this year and pushed and prayed... I have a conditional offer and a place at one of the halls... I have accepted all this and paid the necessary deposits... all as a step of FAITH!!!!

Further still.... despite the far that I have come.... the University now understands and is aware of my situation... the VISA office however is not and will need my transcript to offer me a student visa.... so I'm in this place once again...

Sometimes I wonder whether the Lord is taking me through this to humble me...

Sometimes I'm filled with RAGE and think of all the ways I could bring down the university..... A post for another day

Sometimes I'm filled with so much peace I know God is in this...

Sometimes I wonder whether this is God's will for me or not...

Sometimes I try not to think of the possibility of this dream of mine not coming true...

Sometimes I feel all these feelings at once!!!!

I'm taking a step of faith.... Please join me in prayer this weekend and next week. I will go to Tanzania for a week and I will come back home WITH my transcript....

I cant thinkof ONE question for today..... I can think of many but I dont know if any of them is worth asking.....

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha ...Bring Down the university ...Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah man... like make it less reputable... or get it cancelled from the university list!!!

      Delete