Monday 11 June 2012

The Recovering Nice Guy(s) and I

I was listening to the radio this morning ......

Someone wrote and asked what happened to all the nice guys and Phat boy read a letter from 'A Recovering Nice Guy' and the answer was.........(drum roll) YOU did!!!!!

It got me thinking about all the nice guys I have had in my life and whether they are still nice guys or are recovering nice guys or are now rogues..... and what part I have/had to play in who they are now....

I would like to think that I was sensitive enough not to change them but I must admit I know a couple that I was not attracted to that I really really wished I was coz they were such nice guys!!!

The whole letter was about how girls overlook the nice guys in their lives all along saying they are not attracted to them or they are just not their type and fall in love with the rogues... with time, these really close friends (the nice guy and girl) draw apart and she (the girl) runs through a couple of rogues till she asks the fateful question that started all this.... the nice guy on the other hand realises that the girl he likes is attracted to rogues and starts to evolve.....

My sad questions for this blog post.....

How many girls out there know of a nice guy in their past.....

how many guys out there can associate with this.....

and what do we do about it? Especially for the next generation.....

how do we raise our sons to be nice guys and love girls that appreciate that in them and girls that are sensitive enough to appreciate the nice guy....

4 comments:

  1. Ahem Ahem.....of you and nice guys....met one yesterday and couldn't help but think of how far you have come.....of our sons becoming nice guys, i think they need role model fathers to look up to in the first place, now those, we need God to help us find and keep....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why the throat clearing?

      which one did you meet and what makes you think he is one of them?

      How far I have come? What do you mean by that?

      Indeed we need God to help us find and keep....

      Delete
  2. will having girls appreciate nice guys help them in finding the ''right'' nice guy for them?

    Sometimes, if it ain't meant to be, it ain't.

    I think the most I can do for a nice guy is to ''not lead him on''. so that he doesn't get hang up over me. And if he loves me still even after creating all the distance, it really isn't my fault .

    But if I do genuinely love him, I will love him to death .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may not help them find the right guy but the nice guy will have incentive to remain a nice guy if the girls he likes appreciate that about him....

      LOL.... things are not always black and white....

      Delete