Sunday 16 June 2013

Paths

Matthew 7:13-14

New International Version (NIV)

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

It has been a while since I posted.... when I read this, it really got me.... got me real good. I then got overwhelmed with events (or did I?) was busy, will do it later I told myself..... and on and on....

I have not been travelling the narrow path.... I have been travelling the wide path... its easier and has more company....

Somehow I felt that the narrow path was lonely and I had to travel it by myself... this is not true... It doesn't say no body finds it.... it says a few find it.... so it wont be just me... I will have company!

I have with open eyes led myself to destruction, I have exchanged my future happiness for momentary pleasure and company..... and I have done this with my eyes and mind open and aware..... is/was it worth it...for a while I guess it felt like it was.

I am trying to find my way back to the narrow path that leads to the narrow gate that leads to LIFE! Come with me....be counted among the few.

  

2 comments:

  1. The road less travelled...how beautiful is it but then we often find ourselves in the wide one. Something, I struggle with daily..Good Lord I need a reminder always! Thank for that El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay... company already :)Anytime love... that's why we are here after all...

      Delete