Monday 17 June 2013

Truth

Matthew 7:15-23

New International Version (NIV)

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

You will know them by the fruit they bear.....

First time I read or heard a sermon on this I thought it was limited to teachers of the word, false prophets and cults. In this case their followers (fruit) were a reflection of whether or not they are false....the ability to draw people to Christ....But man can not change the heart of another man, only God can...

Then I read it some time back recently and thought about how my mom always emphasized how what I do is not only a reflection on me but on her and my dad as well. Brought new meaning to the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. So I and all the other offspring could be a reflection of who our parents really are!

Further still, not only with spiritual leaders and parents but people on a day to day basis. We interact with different people everyday, some are sheep and some are wolves in sheep skin.... so how do you tell them apart? The fruit of the spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self control! it's a wonder we take the sheep for granted and seek out the wolves....Father open my eyes, heart and mind to recognize the sheep from the wolves....

Only they that do the will of God

I pondered this long and hard.... it all boils down to one word.....LOVE! It is the cry of my heart to love...always.....unconditionally....christlike love.

No comments:

Post a Comment