Saturday 11 May 2013

Father my FATHER

Matthew 7:7-12

New International Version (NIV)

Ask, Seek, Knock

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

The peace that this verse gave me the last time I read it is indescribable!  And that doesn't come lightly for me. :) 

The assurance in verse 7 and 8 is profound. It gets into you and sneaks into all those cracks of disbelief and worry and just seals them up and leaves you glowing and new.... my heart felt restored, renewed, alive!

Verse 9 reminds me that God knows me inside and out, he knows my wickedness yet still, still he loves me..... and that no gift I have received on this earth even begins to compare to what God has in store for me and wishes for me..... all I have to do is ask and seek!

Verse 12, do to others as you would like to be doe to you..... that is the "measure" with reference to this post. 

I believe that the moment I learn to love others..... everyone...... and learn to view people through THE FATHER'S eyes.... the moment I acquire a Christlike view and love for people..... then.... then.... my life will be complete.... guide me Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment